What is Uniswap (UNI)?
Uniswap (UNI) is a decentralized finance (DeFi) platform and one of the largest exchanges in existence today. It was created by Hayden Adams, a former mechanical engineer, in 2018. The Exchange operates as a purely on-chain Ethereum based Automated Market Maker (AMM).
It converts users’ ether (ETH) to ERC-20 tokens without any go-between. This is a very important liquidity solution that current decentralized exchanges commonly face. Its native token, UNI, is currently at a $12.4bn market capitalization value. So, it works as the Uniswap exchange governance token. Therefore, it allows holders to vote on important platform decisions.
Uniswap Current Price Performance
Today, UNI is currently trading at $18.76 and ranked #9 in the marketplace. It has a 611.6M circulation supply with a trading volume of $312.6M. The highest price UNI has ever reached is $44.96.
LongForecast predicts that UNI will close the year at $26.27 but won’t surpass the $28.11 mark. On the other hand, Ripple Coin News analysts give a bolder prediction of a range between $30.76 and $50.24
Uniswap Long Term Price Prediction – 2025-2030
- 2025 – Analysts predict a possible low of $107.01. The maximum prediction for the year is $129.52 with an average price of $110.79
- 2026 – The minimum prediction for 2026 is $150.81. Potential high trading values could reach $183.30 with an average of $156.35
- 2027- Forecasts put UNI at a low of $210.71 and a high of $256.98. The average trading value would be $218.53
- 2028 – 2028 could see UNI at a low of $218.53 and a high of $367.05. Its average price prediction for that year is $333.28
- 2029 – Analysts put UNI at an average of $498.60 because of a high of $569.62 and a low of $485.27 in 2029
- 2030 – Finally, a potential low could be $733.23 and a high of $827.64. An average of $753.17 is a real possibility throughout the year.
What Factors Could Affect the Price of Uniswap in the Future?
1. Governance Proposals
As explained earlier, users with UNI tokens can vote on proposals affecting the platform. The more you have the more you have. Therefore, it’s safe to say that some proposals might directly impact the price of UNI tokens.
For example, a proposal for a retroactive airdrop for anyone who didn’t have any direct interaction with Uniswap was brought forward. However, the proposal didn’t meet the required quorum and didn’t go through. If the proposal passed, many users would be locked out of sing Uniswap.
2. Rise in Competition
Gone are the days where Uniswap was new and mining for UNI and token airdrop set Uniswap apart from its competition. With more DeFi exchanges coming up today, Uniswap lost its edge. The developers are currently improving the Uniswap user experience i.e., the launch of Uniswap V3. It has improved liquidity pools and slippage tolerance compared to V2.
3. Ethereum’s Layer 2 (L2) development
Ethereum 2.0’s consensus shift from proof-of-work (PoW) to proof-of-stake (PoS) is launching very soon. This means that Uniswap’s base network will become more scalable. Potentially, this new version will solve the issue of congestion and high gas fees which affects Uniswap V3.
Credit: Source link