The co-founder of Ethereum has shared some thoughts on the FTX fallout and, more precisely, on the reaction toward the former CEO – Sam Bankman-Fried.
- It appears that the cryptocurrency community is unanimous in its stance against the action of Sam Bankman-Fried, the former CEO of FTX.
- The overwhelming majority of reactions are entirely negative, with many calling for prison time and the most severe regulatory punishments.
- Vitalik Buterin, the founder of Ethereum, has also chipped in on the matter.
- He believes that, as a public figure, SBF deserves everything he’s getting. He even said this is healthy in a bid to reaffirm important values for the community.
- On the other hand, though, “Sam the human being” deserves support and love, according to Buterin.
SBF the public figure deserves what it’s getting and it’s even healthy to have a good dunking session to reaffirm important community values.
Sam the human being deserves love, and I hope he has friends and family that can give it to him.
- Most of the commentators disagreed with Buterin, arguing that SBF was acting fraudulently and with malice until the very end, even after that.
- Before resigning as CEO, he reassured users that the US-based arm of FTX was completely liquid and that it was not caught up in the mess. A day later, it filed for bankruptcy.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.
Credit: Source link